Bitcoin price alerts
We receive many requests from our customers and a recurring theme was price alerts:
We’d like to say thanks for all the suggestions and feedback from our customers. We’re happy to announce that the price alerts feature has been added. It is currently only available on web and Android, but it will be added to iOS soon.
What are price alerts?
Price alerts simply notify you when the price of Bitcoin reaches a certain level. You will receive the alert in your Luno app or, if you’re not logged into the app, via email.
You may want to set a price alert so that you get notified when the price reaches above a certain level for you to sell, or an alert to notify you of a drop in price to buy at a desired, lower price.
Let’s say the price of Bitcoin is currently $800 USD* and you want to set a price alert for each time when the price is more than $1000 USD.
* Note that we currently only support price alerts for the currencies in our countries of operation.
As per the timeline, above, the following would happen:
- When the price rises more than $1000, an alert would be triggered
- When the price falls down from $1500 to $850, no alert would be triggered
- When the price rises above $1000 for the second time, an alert would be triggered again
- When the price falls down to $1100, nothing happens and
- When the price goes up to $2000 and beyond, nothing happens.
You can set the following type of alerts:
- When the price is more than a certain level
- When the price is less than a certain level
- Once-off alerts
- Continuous alerts
How to set a price alert
- Select Menu > “Price alerts” > Create alert
- You can select to be notified once off or every time the price reaches a certain level
- Set the price in your local currency (the example above uses Malaysian ringgit)
Note that you can easily set multiple alerts and enable, disable, edit or delete the ones you have already set.
Do you have any questions or feedback about price alerts? Please let us know at the Luno Help Centre.