Our new Security Centre: All your security settings in one place
Our top priority is to protect our customers' funds. Food, water and oxygen come in way behind that. So we're constantly evolving our product to help safeguard our customer's money and information.
This is why we have launched our new Security Centre on the Luno app menu. We’ve combined all of the available security options in one convenient place so you’re able to manage and update your security settings with ease.
What can you do in our new Security Centre?
- Update your password
- Enable or disable Touch ID for iOS
- Turn on two-factor authentication (2FA)
- View and control active devices used to access your Luno wallet
- View and deactivate API keys
Think of it as the dedicated area in your house where you keep important stuff like your keys, or CCTV screens for your home security system. Here, you’ll be able to take action on recommendations for your Luno account safety.
These could include security updates, as well as any new security features we implement to help protect your account. You may get these recommendations via an email, blog post or a card reminder in your Luno App.
The Security Centre will:
- Give you a snapshot of all your enabled and disabled security settings
- Help you reduce risk by adopting security health recommendations like
- Enabling 2FA on your account
- Reviewing your active devices to deactivate those you don’t recognise or no longer use
- Regularly updating your Luno account password for extra security
Making the changes we recommend will make your account less vulnerable to potential threats. For more information on how to use the Security Centre, read the FAQs in our Help Centre.
If you want to keep your account safe, head to the Security Centre on our website or on your mobile app and make recommended security updates. And, for some light lunchtime reading, read our article on password strength. Be proactive when it comes to keeping your Luno account secure and be wary of scams and phishing attempts.
Our customers are our number one priority, which is why security is so important to us. It’s why we’re always developing new safeguards and features. The Security Centre is just the beginning. Want to know more about how we keep your cryptocurrency safe? Check out our security page.
Stay informed about personal account security and how phishers gain access to accounts. Here is what phishers do and what Luno will never do.