We’re thrilled to be the Platinum sponsor for this year’s GopherCon UK conference. Featuring some of the best technical speakers from across the world, this two-day conference is held on 22 and 23 August at The Brewery in the heart of the City of London. There are multiple tracks of talks aimed at audiences ranging from beginner to advanced levels of experience with Go.
What we’re offering
We’re giving away a ticket to the two-day conference, completely free of charge.
Who and why?
It’s our goal to promote an inclusive tech industry with representation from all backgrounds.
Working in software engineering is incredibly rewarding, but it is also an industry with a relatively high barrier to entry. Rising education costs, gender inequality, and lack of access to information or resources are just some of the challenges that can prevent many from being able to embark on this journey.
At Luno, we believe that software engineering should be available to all, regardless of race, gender, sexuality, location, or financial background.
We built Luno from day one knowing that the only way to improve billions of lives is to have our team genuinely reflect the diversity of the world. We value people being their true selves, both at work and at play.
We want to provide this ticket to someone who would value it the most and we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
In order to be considered, please email: amo at luno dot com with the following information:
- Your name
- Geographic location and confirmation that you can cover your own travel expenses if you are from outside of London
- Would this be your first GopherCon?
- Would this be your first professional software engineering conference?
- Why are you applying for the ticket?
- Total years of experience in programming and any professional experience
- Any other relevant information that would be helpful
- A contact telephone number (optional)
- Twitter and GitHub handle (optional)
The deadline to apply is Tuesday 9am (BST), 20 August 2019. We’ll contact the winner on Wednesday 21 August.
We want to provide this ticket to someone who would value it the most, so we’d appreciate your help in sharing this opportunity. Please share this in your network, whether that’s on social media, your personal blog, or your nearest tube station.